LITTLE ROCK 1. Production within the body of melanin, a brown pigment, depends on what two factors?
2. In Biblical times, who was the first king of Israel?
3. To “peregrinate” is to ... 4. Catholic priests wear chasubles. What are they?
5. In geological terms, what is “roof rock”?
6. Has the World Series always been a best four-of-seven series of games?
7.World War II began when Germany invaded what other country?
8. Is the disease of hemophilia - in which the blood clots slowly or not at all - as common among women as it is among men?
Answers 1. Heredity and exposure to sunlight 2. Saul 3. Journey or travel 4. Sleeveless outer vestments worn at Mass. A chasuble is worn over the alb, which is a long, white linen robe.
5. Shale or other impervious rock that serves as a barrier to the movement of oil or gas. It forms a trap by overlying a reservoir rock.
6. No, the World Series was a best-five of-nine affair in 1903 and 1919-21.
7. Poland, at the beginning of September 1939 8. No. A mother who shows no sign of this disease can transmit it to her sons.
HomeStyle, Pages 43 on 11/28/2009
Print Headline: Check your knowledge