Subscribe Register Login

Air Force Base locked down over 'suspicious individual'

Wednesday, July 23, 2014, 1:30 p.m.
Top Picks - Mobile App

Charges dropped against teen in Blytheville death

By The Associated Press

This article was published December 4, 2012 at 8:00 a.m.

— A judge has dropped charges against a Blytheville teenager accused in the fatal shooting of a 65-year-old man.

Mississippi County Deputy Prosecuting Attorney Curtis Walker said the charges against the teen were dismissed Monday because of lack of evidence.

The teen, now 18, was 17 at the time of the fatal shooting in April of Raymond Warren.

Warren was found dead on his front porch.

Walker said there was no doubt that the teen was at the scene of the fatal shooting — but there wasn’t enough evidence to prove that the teen killed Warren.

The teen’s attorney, John Bradley, told The Jonesboro Sun that his client did not kill Warren and he’s pleased prosecutors dropped charges.

The case had been set to go to trial this week.

Comments on: Charges dropped against teen in Blytheville death

To report abuse or misuse of this area please hit the "Suggest Removal" link in the comment to alert our online managers. Read our Terms of Use policy.

Subscribe Register Login

You must login to make comments.

TOP JOBS

Search 858 jobs >

Top Picks - Mobile App
Arkansas Online