BEEBE Authorities say students at an Arkansas high school were sent home early Monday after a student was found with fireworks in his backpack.
Beebe Superintendent Belinda Shook said students at the 9-10 high school were evacuated about 2:40 p.m. Monday.
Shook said Principal Mike Tarkington found a ninth-grade boy with what was believed to an explosive device.
Shook told The Daily Citizen that the school was evacuated as a precaution. She added that officials believe the boy was carrying commercial fireworks in his backpack.
The School Board will discuss possible disciplinary action for the student, she said.