Subscribe Register Login

Friday, December 19, 2014, 6:18 a.m.
Top Picks - Arkansas Daily Deal

Improperly vented heater blamed for 5 cabin deaths

By The Associated Press

This article was published May 4, 2014 at 12:29 p.m.

— State police are tentatively blaming an improperly vented propane heater as the cause of death for five people who likely succumbed to carbon monoxide fumes while asleep in a small Pennsylvania cabin.

Trooper Angela Bieber at the state police barracks in Montoursville said Sunday morning that Lycoming County Coroner Charles Keissling is expected to confirm the cause of their deaths later in the day.

Authorities have said the two adults and three children had toxic levels of carbon monoxide in their blood when they were found Saturday. Bieber says there's no indication they tried to escape and all five apparently died in their sleep.

Bieber says a relative of the cabin's owner hosted a get-together Friday night and slept in his truck outside the cabin. He discovered the bodies Saturday.

Comments on: Improperly vented heater blamed for 5 cabin deaths

To report abuse or misuse of this area please hit the "Suggest Removal" link in the comment to alert our online managers. Read our Terms of Use policy.

Subscribe Register Login

You must login to make comments.

TOP JOBS

  • Customer relations specialist

    The Arkansas Democrat-Gazette has an opening for a full tim...
    Little Rock, AR

  • Construction project

    construction project mgr/estimator •Bachelors Degree in Rela...
    LITTLE ROCK, AR

  • Otr drivers

    drivers - otr. Miles! Paid Loaded/Empty on Practical. New Vo...
    LITTLE ROCK, AR

  • Superintendent

    Electrical Superintendent- with min 5 years’ experience in s...
    HOT SPRINGS NATIONAL PARK, AR

  • Engineer / draftsman

    draftsmanfull time , Adams Fertilizer Equipment, DeWitt Arka...
    DE WITT, AR

Search 724 jobs >

Top Picks - Arkansas Daily Deal
Arkansas Online