Saturday, June 23, 2018, 6:50 p.m.

Top Picks - Mobile App

Rock star physicist Stephen Hawking dies at 76

His theories on cosmos attracted fans

By Compiled by Democrat-Gazette staff from wire reports

This article was published March 14, 2018 at 4:30 a.m.

renowned-physicist-stephen-hawking-redefi-ned-cosmology-by-proposing-that-black-holes-emit-radiation-and-later-evaporate

Renowned physicist Stephen Hawking redefi ned cosmology by proposing that black holes emit radiation and later evaporate.

LONDON -- Stephen Hawking, the British physicist who brought science to a mass audience even though his body was paralyzed by disease, has died. He was 76.

This story is only available from the Arkansas Online archives. Stories can be purchased individually for $2.95. Click here to search for this story in the archives.

Print Headline: Rock star physicist Hawking dies at 76

Comments on: Rock star physicist Stephen Hawking dies at 76

To report abuse or misuse of this area please hit the "Suggest Removal" link in the comment to alert our online managers. Read our Terms of Use policy.

You must login to make comments.

Displaying 1 - 4 of 4 total comments

BOLTAR says... March 14, 2018 at 7:34 a.m.

Dr. Hawking discovered and shared profound scientific knowledge and enlightenment with the entire world for many decades. Let's see how the coverage this paper provides for Dr. Hawking's life and death compares to the extended, multi-day fawning given to Billy Graham, who spread fear-mongering and superstition instead.

( | suggest removal )

2old2care says... March 14, 2018 at 9:21 a.m.

Agree with Boltar. Well said.

( | suggest removal )

mrcharles says... March 14, 2018 at 10:20 a.m.

So long as the as the universe had a beginning, we could suppose it had a creator. But if the universe is really completely self-contained having no boundary or edge, it would have neither a beginning or an end, it would simply be. What place then for a creator?

vs

I go and I keep friends with Mr. Rosenthal at The New York Times and people of that sort, you know,'' he told Mr. Nixon, referring to A. M. Rosenthal, then the newspaper's executive editor. ''And all -- I mean, not all the Jews, but a lot of the Jews are great friends of mine, they swarm around me and are friendly to me because they know that I'm friendly with Israel. But they don't know how I really feel about what they are doing to this country. And I have no power, no way to handle them, but I would stand up if under proper circumstances.''—Billy Graham

( | suggest removal )

BOLTAR says... March 14, 2018 at 11:24 a.m.

They spoke for themselves more effectively than could I, mrcharles. Thanks.

( | suggest removal )

• page
  • 1
Click here to make a comment

SHOPPING